- Published: 4/21/2015
Texas weather is changeable. You could need to heat your house one day and air-condition it the next. The following recommendations may cost some money up front but will pay for themselves in both heating and cooling costs.
1. Install a programmable thermostat. These thermostats can be set to change the temperature when you are out of the house or sleeping.
2. Determine if our house is properly insulated. Walls, ceilings, and floors should be well insulated to reduce the loss of heat to the outdoors.
3. Go on a hunt for cracks and leaks. Caulk around windows and doors. Search for places where you have pipes, vents, or electrical conduits that go through the wall, ceiling, or floor. Don't forget to look under the kitchen sink and in closets.
4. Invest in some new windows. Insulating windows are known as double-glazed, double-pane, and Thermopane® windows. Storm windows also stop warm air from escaping and are set over your current windows.
4. Replace your old gas appliances with an ENERGY STAR® water heater or furnace.
Volunteer Wednesday, December 10th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm to help wrap presents.
Join News Talk 550 KTSA at Northside Ford as we help support Family Services Association.
Don't have time to give? Then give a little help with Items needed by these families.
Items can be dropped off at Quater Moon Plumbing and AC or these other establishments.
SECTION 8A OF THE PLUMBING LICENSE LAW REQUIRES THAT ANY PLUMBING CONTRACT IN THE STATE OF TEXAS MUST CONTAIN THE NAME, MAILING ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF THE TEXAS STATE BOARD OF PLUMBING EXAMINERS. THAT ADDRESS IS AS FOLLOWS:
TEXAS STATE BOARD OF PLUMBING EXAMINERS
929 EAST 41ST ST. - AUSTIN, TX 78751
P.O. BOX 4200 - AUSTIN, TX 78765-4200
512/936-5200 - FAX 512/450-0637 - 1-800-845-6584
John Pruitt M36751 | Kenny Julian TACLA00074345E | Dana Wehrmann TECL-28139